Top 7 WORST pick-up lines.. Which ones are you guilty of?
I was watching the Discovery Channel a while ago and they were discussing Darwin, evolution, and the survival of the fittest. I naturally linked that to dating and the competition out in the singles scene to meet quality people. A lot of animals have a very funky mating dance that they use to attract the opposite sex. Male peacocks display their colorful feathers while some species of fish swim in a very specific pattern in order to seduce the fish of his dreams. Some guys have the classic mating call, “How yoooooouuuuu doing?” These work for them, but let me share with you what will NOT work for you. If you do not want to be compared to the third person from the right in the evolution chart, veer away from the following 7 pick-up lines:
1. “I forgot my phone number, can I have yours?
2. “Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?”
3. “Do you have a map because I keep getting lost in your eyes?”
4. “What sign are you?”
5. “Do you have a quarter I can borrow? My Mom asked me to call her when found the woman of my dreams.”
6. “I hope you know CPR because you just took my breath away.”
7. “Do you come here often?
Here are 3 bonus ones as well.. If you ever use these, SLAP YOURSELF..
8. “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.”
9. “What is a nice boy/girl like you doing in a place like this?”
10. AND THE WORST PICK UP LINE EVER, “Can I buy you a drink?”
Please do not use such horrendous lines that you would find in a fortune cookie. If the lucky Lotto numbers on the back of your fortune did not win you millions, then drop the cheesy pick up lines as well.
SOLUTION: Be yourself! The opposite sex will respect you more if you are true to who you are and stick to it. I love Avatar “The Last Airbender” cartoons and Scooby Doo, so what. I am a nerd and love to read. My favorite pair of boxer shorts have the Simpsons on them. SAY IT LOUD, I’M A DORK AND I’M PROUD! Be proud of who you are (dorks and non-dorks alike) and what you believe in. The best pick up line ever is…… are you ready…….. “Hi, I am (your name here)..” Be yourself and let your true magnificent self shine (just don’t be creepy! We will discuss that on the next issue titled “If your Creepy and don’t know clap your hands”).